Search: Advanced search
Please enter a keyword or ID
Browse by category:
What do you mean Eazy Fix can restore data up to the minute of crash?
All PC backup and protection solutions by theory work in a timeline fashion. For example, you create backup one at 1:00pm, you create backup two at 2:00pm. If your PC crashes at 1:40pm, you risk losing 40 minutes worth of data by restoring the PC from backup one. The only way to minimize the risk is to reduce the backup interval. You can backup your PC in every 10 minutes, but in which case you still risk losing up to 10 minutes worth of data in an event of crash…Theoretically there is always a “time gap” between your backups no matter how small the gap is.
Eazy Fix’s uniquely design provides you the ability to possibility eliminate this “time gap” by restoring data up to the minute of crash.
Let ‘s use an example to see how we can do this with Eazy Fix.
1. You setup Eazy Fix to take daily snapshots at 10:00am.
2. It’s 3:00pm in the afternoon. Your PC crashes with a Windows Blue Screen of Death..
3. You have been working on a word document, sales report.doc, all day today.
4. You know you can restore the PC from a snapshot taken by Eazy Fix at 10:00am. But doing so you will lose all the changes
made to the sales report.doc since 10:00am.
5. How can you recover the PC to a working condition and restore the most current version sales report.doc from 3:00pm right
before the PC crashed?
1. Restart the PC. Press HOME key to access Eazy Fix Recovery Console.
2. Select “New snapshot” from in the Recovery Console and name the new snapshot “Crash PC”. The snapshot “Crash PC”
contains everything on the hard drive including files from 3:00pm right before the crash (The unique design of Eazy Fix
allows you to take a snapshot of a PC even if Windows OS fails to load).
3. Select “Rollback system” and pick the snapshot taken at 10:00pm today. The PC will be rolled back to how it looks like at
10:00pm including the sales report.doc from 10:00pm.
4. After you boot into Windows, open Eazy Fix program console, select “Snapshots”, there you can see the snapshot
“Crash PC” taken in the step 2 before the rollback. Right click the snapshot and select Explore Snapshot from the popup
menu. The snapshot “Crash PC” will be opened as a virtual drive in My Computer. Now you can browse the virtual drive and
find the file sales report.doc and copy it to the C drive.
You have successfully recovered the crash PC to working condition from the snapshot taken at 10:00am today and restored the latest copy of sales report.doc from the snapshot taken after the crash at 3:00pm.
This article was:
Thank you for your feedback!
|After deleting some files, the Windows' display of free space...||Is Eazy Fix compatible with Norton Ghost type of drive cloning...|